ODC Dance Commons
ODC School and Rhythm & Motion Dance Program offer dozens of classes for all levels, in person at the ODC Dance Commons and online via Zoom. Hip Hop, Contemporary, Rhythm & Motion, Ballet, Hula, Afro-Haitian, Essentrics, Pilates, Belly Dance, and more! Recommended for ages 14+. Learn more about youth and teen classes at odc.dance/youth&teen
ODC Health is expanding initiatives to enable all bodies to access wellness through movement training. Through ODC fit, we’re bringing together innovative specialists across the fitness, wellness, and dance industries to provide a fitness offering specializing in the power of movement to promote your physical and mental health, creativity and longevity. Classes include strength, cardio, mobility and flow. Learn more at odc.dance/fit
- In-Person Classes
Limited capacity. Pre-registration is required. Proof of "Up-to-Date" vaccination is required.
In compliance with San Francisco Department of Public Health, beginning March 1, 2022, “Up-to-Date” Vaccinated Status is required. According to the SFDPH, “Up-to-Date Vaccination’ means:
(a) two weeks have passed since completing primary series, AND you are not eligible for a booster dose (less than 2 months after a J&J vaccine; less than 5 months after an mRNA vaccine)
(b) you have received a Booster once the person is Booster-Eligible. A person is Up-to-Date on Vaccination immediately on receipt of a Booster.
For the safety and comfort of the instructors and the participants, classes will initially operate with limited capacities. These capacities will increase over the course of the summer months. Registration for class will open approximately 7 days prior to class time.
ODC School and Rhythm & Motion Dance Program will be adding classes on an ongoing basis and may adjust class start times to accommodate a fuller schedule. Check the schedule regularly for updates.
- 1 in-person single class: $18
- 5 in-person class card: $80
- 10 in-person class card:$150
- 20 in-person class card: $280
NEW STUDENTS: $9 for your first class at ODC. Then, 4 class card: $48 ($12 per class) – 30-day expiration, must be purchased within 7 days of first class to receive the discounted rate
ODC School and Rhythm & Motion Dance Program are following the safety guidelines of Federal, State, and City to ensure your safety. Learn more about returning to in-person classes at odc.dance/reopening.
- Requirements for In-Person Participation
- Pre-registration is required for all in-person classes. Registration will open 7 days prior to each class. Walk-ups cannot be accommodated at this time.
- All participants, or parent/guardian (for minors) need to sign the 2022 assumption of risk waiver.
- All participants must monitor their own health. Be alert of any COVID-19 related symptoms such as shortness of breath, fever or cough. If you are experiencing any COVID-19 related symptoms, stay home, seek medical care when necessary and get tested.
- Starting March 1, 2022, all adult participants are required to show proof of "Up-to-Date" vaccination. (According to the SFDPH, “Up-to-Date Vaccination’ means you are: (a) two weeks have passed since completing primary series, AND you are not eligible for a booster dose (less than 2 months after a J&J vaccine; less than 5 months after an mRNA vaccine) OR (b) you have received a Booster once the person is Booster-Eligible. A person is Up-to-Date on Vaccination immediately on receipt of a Booster. You will be required to provide proof of your up-to-date vaccination status, and a government issued photo ID in order to enter ODC Theater or ODC Dance Commons.
- Effective February 16, 2022, per SFDPH, face masks are welcomed and optional indoors - including common spaces, studios, and theaters. However, ODC Dance Commons and ODC Theater are multi-use spaces. Masks are required indoors as follows, regardless of vaccination status:
- Masks are required for both participants and health practitioners during in-person sessions through the Healthy Dancers’ Clinic.
- Faculty, theater artists, and personnel may, at their discretion, request participants to be masked during activities. Please check individual events and classes for the most up to date information regarding mask requirements.
View full guidelines and FAQ at odc.dance/reopening/faq
- Virtual Classes
- 1 online single class: $12
- 3 online class card: $30
- 6 online class card: $57
- $16 Household (2 or more dancers on one device)
All classes are in Pacific Time (PT)
- Pre-registration is required for all in-person classes
- Registration for online classes is closed 15 minutes prior to the beginning of the class
- Due to limited capacities we have added waitlists for our in-person classes. To be added to a waitlist please contact the Front Desk at email@example.com.
- Class Cards (online and in-person) are valid for 90 days after first use
- ODC proudly offers subsidized class rates for those where price is a barrier via our Arts Access program. Learn more at odc.dance/artsaccess.